Monday, July 26, 2010

Eating Healthy in a flash and on a budget

   As a work at home mom to three I fall all too quickly into the trap of eating out.  It's easy, it's not cheap and even with some healthy choices availaible it's still many times full of fat and calories and lacking vegetables. 

   School starts for us in just a few weeks, along with football, cheerleading, and swimming.  I work evenings so have to rely on my husband to make dinner.  That usually means that they are eating out or pulling something containing processed meat out of the freezer. And for me spending 8-10 hours a day sitting in front of a computer working hasn't helped my weight any.  I have looked at the convient yet expensive weight loss  food options for myself from nurtisystem and jenny craig, and typically have a freezer stocked with Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine frozen meals.  They are all low in fat and calories as well as just about every nutrient you need.  They are big in cardboardand price though! 

    So I was looking for an alternative, something to give my family the convience and nutrients that they need and me the natural weight loss that I want.   What better way to control what your family eats then by controlling how it's made?

   
     I can spend 2 1/2 hours  every saturday evening or sunday afternoon  making healthy and convient family dinners that will last the entire week, stock up and have extras for the month.  I pre-potion everything into either family sized dinners or individuals meals for lunchs and i know exactly whats going in them.





 Look at some comparisons: between the Easy Does-It meals and those store bought frozen diet entrees



 Healthy Choice® Sweet and Sour Chicken..........$2.99


Easy-Does-It Sweet and Sour Chicken.................$1.21



Healthy Choice® Country Herb Chicken.............$2.99

Easy-Does-It Country Herb Chicken...................$1.11



Stouffer’s Lean Cuisine® Chicken & Vegetables $3.49

Easy-Does-It Chicken & Vegetables.....................$1.02



Stouffer’s Lean Cuisine® Honey Roasted Pork  $3.49

Easy-Does-It Honey Roasted Pork...................$1.02

Tthe easy Does-It cookbook's creator stands by the cookbook








No comments: